Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Go Away, Weezer

I've always loved Weezer. They'll likely never top the consistency of the "Blue Album" and Pinkerton (I really enjoyed Maladroit and the "Green Album" as well), and I must admit that their odd choice of putting a picture of Hurley from the show "Lost" on their latest album cover is more than a little puzzling, but Rivers Cuomo still knows how to write a quality song from time to time. Just like Green Day, Weezer was a band of my generation, the mid-90s, and yet, here it is around 15 years later, and they're still able to create music that teenagers can identify with. There's something to be said for that in my opinion, and if they can save just one kid from listening to Miley Cyrus or Bruno Mars, then they've done their job.

Long story short, I still have love for Weezer, but I thought this article about a guy who wants to pay Weezer to break up was pretty funny. And hey, if you agree, go ahead and contribute to the cause.

No comments: