Friday, September 17, 2010

Preview the New Pass Album

My band The Pass are releasing our debut LP called BURST next Tuesday, Sept. 21 on SonaBlast Records. You don't have to wait until then to check it out though. Using the player below, you can temporarily stream the album in its entirety. If you live in the Louisville area, you can be among the first to get your hard copy by swinging by our midnight release party/performance at Ear X-Tacy on Sept. 20. Remember when "new music Tuesday" was a big deal, and you'd camp out at the record store to get that hot new album? Well, we're bringing that awesome vibe back. Ear X-Tacy is keeping the lights on late, and we're gonna rock the house. Come out and support one of the best independent record stores in the country.

If I could recommend some tracks, a couple of my personal favorites are "Treatment of the Sun," "Criminal," "Out of Hand," and "Fate." Honestly, though, I think the whole album is solid and flows really nicely, if do say so myself. It feels great to still be pumped about something I've been dealing with on a daily basis for the past 6-7 months or so. I'm really proud of the fact that I can still listen to this music for the billionth time and feel good about it. Normally, I'm the type of person who finishes a creative project and is instantly ready to forget about it and move on to the next thing.

No comments: